World Cup 2014 Predictions

 

We’ve reached the start of the 2014 World Cup in Brazil, and I thought I’d throw my tuppence-worth of predictions your way. This generally doesn’t work out too well for me, this prediction lark, but hey, it never stops Mark Lawrenson offering his views!

As you may well be aware, no team from Europe has triumphed over in South America, but you’d suspect there are a few teams that do fancy their chances this time around. When it comes to the group stages, only previous hosts South Africa have failed to progress beyond that stage. Even with the unrest of the spend on hosting the tournament, I don’t think we need worry about the hosts failing to get out of the group this time around.

If I was much of a betting man, I’d be sticking that aforementioned tuppence on Argentina, albeit I’m not entirely sure why. Just a gut feeling you might say.

In this particular piece, I’m going to avoid the whole ITV/BBC coverage debate. I might save that for another blog. Right, let’s get down to the group placings.

 

Group A

 

Brazil

Mexico

Croatia

Cameroon

 

Group B

 

Spain

Netherlands

Chile

Australia

 

Group C

 

Colombia

Greece

Cote D’Ivorie

Japan

 

Group D

 

Uruguay

England

Italy

Costa Rica

 

Group E

 

France

Ecuador

Switzerland

Honduras

 

Group F

 

Argentina

Iran

Nigeria

Bosnia-Herzegovina

 

Group G

 

Germany

Portugal

USA

Ghana

 

Group H

 

Belgium

Russia

S. Korea

Algeria

 

So, there we go. Let’s hope the unrest is minimal, there’s lot of colour, and there are lots of goals! World Cup Brazil 2014, what have you got!?

Comments

Popular Posts