The Mystery of Topspin 2

I’d had Topspin 2 sitting on a shelf for years and never actually played it. So I thought it was about time I did. Upon popping the disc in the console and launching I was greeted with an error message telling me I must play the game in 60HZ. Having never seen this message before I was somewhat confused, considering I own more than one game that needs to be run in 60HZ, and never been asked before.

 Like the majority of Xbox 360 owners, I play through an HDMI cable into HDTV. So the console automatically runs at 60HZ. Cue the inevitable searching through various settings to no avail. Off to the forums I go, and after some time digging around I find the solution. With the console powered off, unplug the HDMI cable and pop in the old composite/component analogue cable. I used the composite leads, I don’t know if it will work with component, but I would assume so. This reveals a section of the settings menu that is hidden when you connect via HDMI which will allow you to switch to 60HZ.

You can now switch the console off, remove the composite/component cable and plug the HDMI lead back in and you’re good to go.

Comments

Popular Posts